Thursday, May 5, 2011

Imitation Writing

It was late. I found myself at a rest stop with a bunch of truckers. I figured I could hide in the back of an eighteen-wheeler for the night. I didn’t care where we went, I just had to get away from here. I jumped in the passenger seat while the driver was inside. I looked around for somewhere to hide before he came back. Then, right as I found a spot, I see a police car pull in. There’s no way they know I’m here I thought. My dad was fast asleep and my mom never checks on me at night anymore. Still, the police cars circle. Then I hear the door slam shut and the engine start up. Good I thought. I can finally get out of here. The gentle motion of the road lulled me to sleep. “Your ride is up kid” The voice makes me jump. I checked my phone, 7:30. I sat up and expected to see the truck driver standing there. I thought he had found out that I was back here. Instead I saw a cop standing there and my dad behind him. “Sorry, son.” He mouthed. I stared in disbelief, then glanced at my phone. Of course! I thought, why didn’t I turn off my phone? They probably used it to track me here! I looked around, trying to find a way out of this. That’s when I saw the car. I glanced at the cop and took off. I Jumped in the drivers seat, luckily the person left their keys in there. I quickly turned the car around and drove off.

No comments:

Post a Comment